You will find a little bit of everything we love here in the south- from side dishes to dessert in this collection of 11 recipes that I have gathered. There are dishes for your Sunday supper, BBQ’s, and potlucks and from all around the south.
1. These Southern Style Green Beans from Simply Stacie would be amazing next to a plate of fried chick or equally at home as a partner to your family recipe for meatloaf
2. I have never tried Chicken and Waffles but I am dying to, I am going to give this recipe from Snappy Gourmet a try!
3. Also on my list from Snappy Gourmet is this delicious grown up dessert- Bannana Puddintini, I am pretty sure grandma would still approve.
4. Shrimp and Grits are southern comfort food and you won’t want to miss this Shrimp and Corn with Cheese Grits recipe from Healthy Seasonal Recipes.
5. How about something refreshing like this healthier version of our favorite beverage? Angie from the Country Chic Cottage is showing us how to make Sweet Green Tea.
6.Organized 31 has a tasty Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice to give you a culinary trip to Louisiana, with all the convenience of the slow cooker.
7. Want to spend another night in the Bayou? Try this Authentic New Orleans Style Gumbo from Tastes Better From Scratch.
8. If you are north of the Mason Dixon Line and you have never tried the supremely southern breakfast of Biscuits and Gravy I have to insist you give it a try. Mommas have been serving this up for decades! Tastes Better From Scratch will tell you how…
9. Co’ Cola as it’s often called or Soda (Never pop down here) takes on a whole new form with these Coca Cola Cupcakes With Ganache Icing from Life of Lovely.
10.Need a side for a potluck or barbeque? Here is a yummy recipe for Easy Barbeque Baked Beans from Copy Kat.
11.Add my Carolina Style BBQ sauce to pulled pork, chicken, ribs, or anything else that you want to add tons of flavor to.
What is your favorite southern dish?